- Wheelchair accessible home: $208 a day – Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Permanent
- Support Worker – 4 days a week: $24 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
- Support Worker – (Q.T): $20.60 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
- Residential Support – Complex Needs (M.K.): $3,800 a month – Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Join Our Team
We are always looking for qualified individuals to be a part of our team as:
- Community/Day Support Staff
- Residential/Respite Support Staff
Successful candidates will be joining an established Service Provider with more than 30 years of service delivery providing support to individuals with developmental disAbilities living independently in the community.
All Support Staff provide direct support to adults with developmental disAbilities in all areas of daily living, home management, community involvement, relationship building, as well as mental health and behavioral support working together with the guardian, the client and CPLF to promote a quality lifestyle for our clients.
Qualifications for all Support Staff:
- A Diploma or Degree in DisAbility Studies, Rehabilitation, or a related field, or 1-2 years of experience working with adults with developmental disAbilities.
- Have a current police background check: https://policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca/
- Have a valid First Aid & CPR certificate
- Speak, Read and Write English fluently
- Work well with others; Problem solving; Decision making; Critical thinking; Job task planning and organizing; Finding information; Computer use
All Support Staff are trained to meet the individuals needs that may involve some of the following activities such as:
- Personal care, hygiene, grooming
- Menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation
- House maintenance
- Safety while providing recreation/leisure outings
- Community involvement
- Administering of medication
- First aid and medical assistance under the direction of guardian/physician
- Employment supports
- Volunteer supports
Community/Day Support Staff typically work on an hourly basis and encourage and assist the individuals in the community and work various shifts including days, nights, evenings, and weekends.
- You are motivated and organized, you are a part of a self-directed team helping individuals connect to local resources.
- You are open to learning new things, you want to become skilled in providing personal care, supporting behavioural challenges, helping with medical needs.
- You have strong problem solving skills along with the ability to empower individuals to manage regular daily activities and events make you an ideal candidate.
Residential and Respite Support Staff can live in the individuals home or the individual can live in the support staffs home. No matter what the case, this type of employment requires 24/7 responsibility for our individuals, and compensation is specified in an annual contract for Residential and hourly for Respite. Both Residential and Respite Support Staff are Independent Contractors.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals; Shop for food and household supplies; Launder clothing and household linens; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning; Teach home making or life skills; Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Administer medications; Aid individual(s) with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Transportation/Travel Information: Own vehicle and have valid driver’s license and current insurance; Understand public transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding
Respite Support Staff provide all the supports listed above and are usually done in 48 hour intervals for individuals in the support staffs home or in the individuals home.
Before applying you will be required to submit with your application:
- Work Application
- 3 References – 2 Work related and 1 Character
- Police Clearance with Vulnerable Persons Check and/or Child Welfare Check (within the last two years)
- Valid First Aid Certificate “Standard Level C”
- If you own a vehicle we will need a Copy of a Valid Vehicle Insurance
- Policy stating $2,000,000 in third party liability
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
If you are interested and have your above documentation, please fill out a CPLF Employment Application below and upload your resume to the Apply Now page. Alternatively you can fax all documents to 403-276-1017 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. **All incomplete applications will be disregarded**