|Title||Seeking Supportive Roommate Code: D.T|
|Salary||$2600 (tax free)|
Calgary Progressive Lifestyles Foundation (CPLF) is currently seeking a supportive roommate that will provide support to a 53 year old female adult with a developmental disability. A family home in NW or NE Calgary is preferred. Supports would be responsible to teach/encourage independent living skills. (i.e.: cooking, cleaning and household maintenance). The Supportive Roommate must have a vehicle as rides to evening activities are required several times per week. The individual works independently 3 days per week which she accesses using Calgary Transit. The individual can be at home without support when not working during the day; applicants with daytime work or school commitments would be considered. The individual would like to be supported to maintain her Christian faith. The individual has food allergies that must be accommodated. This position is temporary with potential for long term for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Implement the activities outlined in the Individual Service Plan
– Closely follow agency philosophy and values in all aspects of service delivery
– Attend monthly support team meetings, bringing forward information or concerns regarding the client’s service
– Assist in the training of new support staff as directed by the Case Manager
– Keep daily logs and documentation of activities
– Assist with and/or accompany individuals to appointments as required
– Ensure that the individual’s health, safety, and wellbeing are maintained at all times
– Assist the individual in any area they may require assistance in
– Any other duties relevant to the position and individual’s needs as may be required
Compensation: Approximately $2600.00/month (income is tax free) plus 4 days off (respite) per month. The individual would also pay a monthly room and board amount of $500.00 to $550.00.
Qualifications: Experience working with Adults with Developmental Disabilities or in the Health Care Field.
Requirements: Resume, Application, Police Clearance, Written References.
Please visit the CPLF website at www.cplf.ca to apply or call 403-276-1016 to request an application package.