Calgary Progressive Lifestyles Foundation (CPLF) is currently seeking a Support Roommate for a young female with a developmental disability.
The ideal candidate;
Ø Will be responsible to assist individual with home living activities, administering medication and ensuring the safety and wellness of the individual.
Ø Required to provide companionship as well as promote community inclusion.
Ø Should have a Canadian cultural background and exhibit excellent written and spoken English skills.
The ideal support home should have;
Ø No teenage males in the home.
Ø Detached or attached home (apartments and condominiums are unsuitable)
Ø No other clients in the support home.
Ø Canadian cultural background (fluent in speaking, reading and writing English)
Ø Preferably located in NW or SW of Calgary.
Ø Large bedroom for the client.
Ø Bedroom should be on the main level or 1st level of the house. Basement suites or bedrooms are unsuitable.
Ø Previous experience as a supportive roommate would be an asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the activities outlined in the Individual Service Plan.
- Closely follow agency Philosophy and Values in all aspects of service delivery.
- Attend monthly support team meetings, bringing forward information or concerns regarding the individual clients’ service.
- Keep daily logs and documentation of activities.
- Assist with and/or accompany individuals to appointments as required.
- Ensure that the individuals’ health, safety, and wellbeing are maintained at all times.
- Assist the individual in any area they may require assistance in.
- Any other duties relevant to the position and individual’s needs as may be required.
- Ability to work with support team of 1 other person who will be working with the client.
Compensation: $3,000/month plus room and board (approximately $500 to 550/month): This income is Tax Free.
Qualifications: Experience working with Adults with developmental disabilities. More specifically, particular attention will be given to those who have experience working with psychosis and anxiety disorders.
Requirements: Police Clearance, Standard First Aid Certificate, Written References.
Please submit resume for consideration. Medication administration training and Crisis Prevention Intervention training will be provided. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Potential start date of August 1, 2017.